How Long Does It Take to Replace a Roof?
How long does it take to replace a roof? If you’re facing a roof replacement, you likely want at least an idea of how long the project is going to take.
Replacing the roof on your house is a major project and can take days or weeks, depending on several factors.
How long does it take to replace a roof with shingles? Asphalt shingles offer the fastest way to get a new roof — you can expect the project to take one to three days for the shingle installation. That doesn't include removing old shingles or doing any repairs, which can add a day or more to the project, depending on the severity of the issues.
Other types of shingles typically take longer to install. They often have more complex installation systems, and the materials tend to be more fragile than shingles. For example, clay tiles can take six days to two weeks. Slate tile roofs are even more complex, often requiring two to four weeks for the installation process.
How long does it take to replace a roof made of metal? You can expect a minimum of four days for a metal roof installation. However, it can take a week or longer for a complex residential roof or a large commercial roofing project.
More Related Articles:
- How Much Does a Home Inspection Cost?
- 4 Tips for Hiring a General Contractor for Your Next Remodeling Project
- Should You Hire a Contractor or a Handyman?
- 5 Things to Look For When You're Hiring an Electrician
- What to Look for When Hiring an Exterminator
The size of the roof and the complexity of the project affect the timeline. Larger roofs naturally take longer. Situations that make the roofing installation more complex include:
- Lots of different roofing sections
- Steep roof slopes
- Lots of things sticking out of the roof, such as vents and chimneys
- Old shingles that need to be removed
- Damage to the roofing structure
- Fences, landscaping or other structures that require more caution
Your project might also face delays due to supply chain issues, bad weather or not enough roofers to do the job.
Fast, Easy and Commitment Free.
Skip the search and get the number for a pro near you texted to your phone.
Talk to a local pro. We connect you to pros who are local and available to work.