How Much Does Wildlife Removal Cost?
Dealing with pests can be frustrating, especially when you’re worried about the potential diseases and destruction they might cause.
Wildlife removal services specialize in removing wild animals that have invaded your personal home. These can include raccoons, possums and squirrels, but their services also extend to any other unwanted animal that may choose to seek shelter in your home. Wildlife removal services solve your problem by removing animals and making sure they won’t return.
Wildlife removal services are normally trained to address nuisance animals that are either native to your area or known for their invasive behaviors. They can include:
Because problem animals vary by region, you may be dealing with a type of animal not listed above.
You might be surprised at how many nuisance animals exist near your home. In most cases, these animals go out of their way to avoid any contact with human beings, but sometimes they seek a safe place in or near your home. The reasons you may be inviting animals to set up camp on your property include the following:
- Your home provides warmth for animals when the weather begins getting cold.
- You have sources of food in your home that the animals can reach.
- Predator animals near your home have a bountiful source of prey nearby.
- Your home is near the resources these animals need to be able to thrive in nature.
If the nuisance animal is common where you live, you can be sure that wildlife removal services are trained to deal with them.
The cost of professional wildlife removal can vary based on a number of factors, including your local area and the type of animal in your home. For example, removing raccoons can cost up to $1,100. Meanwhile, it could cost $470 to remove a wasp nest from your property. It’s important to get multiple estimates and consider what services you’re receiving in return. If the wildlife removal company offers additional measures to keep the pests from returning to your home, these services might cost extra.
Some services are specific to different types of pests. For example, you may find a bee removal service that doesn’t know how to deal with predator species such as ravens, coyotes or bears. You may need to explain your problem to several different companies before you find someone that’s equipped to help.
More Related Articles:
- What to Look For When Hiring an Exterminator
- Are Pest Control Products Dangerous For Kids and Pets?
- What Are Ultrasonic Pest Repellers?
- 10 Ways to Prevent Termites
- How to Spray for Mosquitoes
- The number of pests and whether there are multiple types of pests involved
- Where the pests are located within your home or on your property
- Any damage the pests have caused
- The methods used to remove the pests
- Other services, such as dead animal removal
Some wildlife removal specialists use humane and ethical means to remove the problem animals, such as trapping them or relocating their nests so they can continue to thrive away from your home. The added care required to ensure animals are removed in a humane way may influence how much the service costs. It’s also important to consider how the presence of certain pests increases your risk of encountering other animals.
For example, if you have small rodents on your property that owls or ravens hunt for their survival, you’re likely to deal with multiple types of pests shortly after discovering the prey species. A good wildlife removal service will take prevention measures into account when offering you a quote for their services.
When you’re looking for a wildlife removal company, make sure you request an estimate and ask how they plan to remove the animals from your property. To ensure you get the most accurate estimate, make sure you cover the following information during your meeting:
- What animals you’ve discovered on or near your property
- If you’ve noticed any young animals
- Where the animals are entering or exiting your home
- How you can prevent their return after removal
Some of the things you should be wary of include arrangements where the fees are not predetermined before you agree to proceed, inhumane removal methods and trapping procedures and companies that can’t produce licenses or referrals.
Fast, Easy and Commitment Free.
Skip the search and get the number for a pro near you texted to your phone.
Talk to a local pro. We connect you to pros who are local and available to work.